RStudio Connect: Admin Guide
This guide will help an administrator install and configure RStudio Connect on a managed server. You will learn how to install the product on different operating systems, configure authentication, and monitor system resources.
RStudio Connect allows users to share and collaborate on the results they produce with R such as R Markdown documents, Shiny applications, Plumber APIs, and plots. Source code or rendered artifacts can be deployed into RStudio Connect and selectively shared with other viewers and collaborators within the organization. Some content can even be scheduled to be re-executed and emailed on a given schedule.
RStudio Connect can also help simplify the role of the system administrator tasked with supporting R by offering:
- Detailed metrics for the server and the associated R processes
- Logs for all R processes spawned by Connect
- Secure deployments and interactions with artifacts using SSL/TLS
- Scale a Shiny application beyond a single R process to support additional visitor load
1.1 System Requirements
RStudio Connect is supported on the following distributions of the Linux operating system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS Linux 6.0+
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS Linux 7.0+
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Ubuntu 14.04
- Ubuntu 16.04
We currently only offer installers for the x86-64 architecture and require root privileges both to install and run Connect.
RStudio Connect can be used with R versions 3.1.0 or higher.
RStudio Connect is supported against the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge