RStudio Connect is a publishing platform for the work your teams create in R and Python. Share Shiny applications, R Markdown reports, Plumber APIs, dashboards, plots, Jupyter Notebooks, and more in one convenient place.
Use push-button publishing from the RStudio IDE, scheduled execution of reports, and flexible security policies to bring the power of data science to your entire enterprise.
RStudio Connect can also help simplify the role of the system administrator tasked with supporting R by offering:
Detailed metrics for the server and the associated processes
Logs for all processes spawned by Connect
Secure deployments and interactions with artifacts using SSL/TLS
Scale a Shiny application beyond a single R process to support additional visitors
This guide will help an administrator install and configure RStudio Connect on a managed server. You will learn how to install the product on different operating systems, configure authentication, and monitor system resources.
RStudio Connect is supported on the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS Linux 6.10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS Linux 7.7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS Linux 8.0
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.4 (SP4)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15.0
- Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus)
- Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver)
Within each version of a Linux distribution, we support the latest patch release or "service pack." The RStudio Platform Support page explains the support period for each Linux distribution.
We currently only offer installers for the x86-64 architecture and require root privileges both to install and run Connect.
RStudio Connect is supported with the following runtimes:
- R versions 3.1.0 and higher
- Python 2 versions 2.7.9 and higher
- Python 3 versions 3.4.0 and higher
- TensorFlow up to version 1.15.0
RStudio Connect is supported against the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge