Shiny Server Pro#
Discontinuation of Sales of Shiny Server Pro to new customers
Reflecting the maturity of RStudio Connect as a product, and in order to focus our engineering efforts on providing the best experience for our customers in deploying all forms of R and Python data products, we are discontinuing sales of Shiny Server Pro to new customers.
- As of Jan 1, 2021, RStudio is ending the sale of Shiny Server Pro to new customers
- RStudio will continue to renew and allow expansions to existing Shiny Server Pro customers
- RStudio will continue to support Shiny Server Pro for existing customers
Shiny combines the computational power of R with the interactivity of the modern web and is widely used by the R Community. For several years, Shiny Server Pro has enabled data science teams to securely share their Shiny applications on a commercially supported platform. However, in response to customer demand to be able to share many other forms of R- and Python-based content (in addition to Shiny applications), a few years ago we introduced a new product: RStudio Connect.
- RStudio Connect
- Although we will continue to support Shiny Server Pro for existing customers, we strongly recommend that you consider RStudio Connect
- If you prefer for us to host your Shiny applications, please consider one of our shinyapps.io plans as well.
RStudio Connect is a publishing platform for all the work your teams create in R and Python. It enables you to share Shiny applications, R Markdown reports, dashboards, plots, APIs, and more in one convenient place. It provides push-button publishing from the RStudio IDE, scheduled execution of reports, and flexible security policies to bring the power of data science to your entire enterprise.
Deploy your Shiny apps on-premises with Shiny Server Pro, which offers features such as multiple apps on a single server and deployment of apps behind firewalls.
Shiny Server Pro is the commercially licensed analog to Shiny Server Open Source. Shiny Server Pro supports a variety of password authentication schemes and a centralized management console for all your apps.
Shiny Server Pro lacks the complete feature set that RStudio Connect provides, and notably does not have support for convenient push-button publishing, Plumber APIs, or Jupyter Notebooks.
Refer to the Administration Guide for Shiny Server Pro for more information.