Requirements for RStudio Package Manager#
We recommend viewing our Platform Support page, which offers an in-depth overview of RStudio's Platform Support strategy and lists our supported operating systems and browsers.
Supported Linux distributions#
- RHEL/CentOS Linux 7 and 8
- Ubuntu Linux 16.04, 18.04, 20.04
- SUSE Linux 12 SP4
- SUSE Linux 15 SP1 / openSUSE 15
- 2+ CPUs
- 2+ GB of RAM
- 50 to 200 GB of disk storage
- Online access to https://rspm-sync.rstudio.com
- Alternative steps can be used if your internal servers cannot access an online server through your internal network
- Microsoft Edge
IE 11 - End of Support
Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported by RStudio server products.
On August 17, 2020, Microsoft announced that they would be gradually ending support for IE 11 over the subsequent 12 months. We will continue to offer support services for RStudio professional products to customers with a valid subscription until August 17, 2021. The existing RStudio Team products (RStudio Server Pro, RStudio Connect, and RStudio Package Manager) have all been tested and support IE 11; however, no new products will be tested against IE 11 -- even those released before 8/17/2021. We encourage our customers using IE 11 to migrate to a supported browser as described in our platform support documentation before Microsoft ends support for it in August.
Please see our Platform Support page for a list of supported browsers.