Upgrading RStudio Connect requires limited downtime (typically less than 10 minutes).
- During the installation, the RStudio Connect service is restarted.
- Scheduled document renders are not interrupted.
- Connections to running applications and APIs are closed.
- Users can be prompted with a warning ahead of an upgrade using System Messages.
New features, deprecations, and breaking changes are announced on the RStudio Blog for each version release. When performing an upgrade from a much older version of RStudio Connect, it is recommended that you review the detailed Release Notes.
Download and run the installation script#
To perform an upgrade, download and run the installation script. The script installs a new version of RStudio Connect on top of the earlier one. Existing configuration settings are respected unless otherwise mentioned in the release notes.
The installation script must be run by a privileged user or a user with
- To update RStudio Connect, download and run the Installation script.
Post installation upgrade#
Learn more about performing RStudio Connect installation upgrades in the Admin Guide.