RStudio Team is a bundle of our popular professional software for developing data science projects, publishing data products, and managing packages.
RStudio Team includes RStudio Server Pro, RStudio Connect, and RStudio Package Manager.
To get started with RStudio Team, you can follow these steps:
1. Review product requirements#
- Review the product requirements in terms of prerequisites, supported operating systems, CPU, RAM, and disk space
- We recommend installing each product on a separate/dedicated server, and that each server has the required resources in place for each product
2. Install RStudio professional products#
- Install RStudio Server Pro for data science development workflows
- Install RStudio Connect for publishing data science assets
- Install RStudio Package Manager for reproducibility and governance
3. Perform additional configurations and integrations#
- These configurations and integrations (e.g., TLS/SSL certificates, authentication, high availability, version control, data sources, resource managers, Python/Jupyter) are optional depending on your needs and your unique environment
4. Configure RStudio professional products to work together#
- Create a package repository in RStudio Package Manager
- Configure RStudio Server Pro to use an RStudio Package Manager repository
- Configure RStudio Connect to use an RStudio Package Manager repository
- Configure RStudio Server Pro to deploy to RStudio Connect by default
5. Learn about user workflows in RStudio#
- Configure RStudio Server Pro to publish to RStudio Connect
- Publish Shiny, R Markdown, Plumber APIs, and Jupyter Notebooks to RStudio Connect
- Manage published content in RStudio Connect
While the exact order of steps listed above will depend on your needs and specific environment, our customers often find it easiest to perform the installation, configuration, and integration steps in the above order.
After you complete the initial installation process for each product, you can perform additional configurations and integrations to meet your specific needs related to security, authentication, data access, version control, and more.
Try the full RStudio Team experience in AWS using CloudFormation automatic deployment#
The RStudio Team CloudFormation template script provides an easy way of deploying all RStudio Team products into AWS with just the press of a button.
This deployment method can be used to evaluate fully functional RStudio products After your evaluation period, you can activate your products with production licenses at anytime without the need to reinstall or reconfigure anything.