Configuring OneLogin for SAML in RStudio Workbench#
RStudio Workbench, formerly RStudio Server Pro1, is a registered app with OneLogin, so RStudio Workbench configuration is very simple if you use OneLogin for single sign on (SSO).
- Navigate to your OneLogin administrator portal.
- Under the Applications tab, in the upper right corner, click New App.
- Search for and select on RStudio Server Pro (not RStudio Connect).
- Add the required configuration details (Display Name, Description, etc.) and click Save.
Under the Configuration tab, add the address of your RSP server excluding:
- no trailing slash
For example, if the server URL is
https://rstudio.example.com/, then you would use
Under the SSO tab, copy the Issuer URL.
- Under the Access tab, add any users you wish to have access to RSP.
Update the RStudio Workbench configuration file with the following:Terminal
auth-saml=1 auth-saml-metadata-url=<Issuer URL from step 6>
Restart RSP by running the following:Terminal
sudo systemctl restart rstudio-server
Any user who has been given access via OneLogin and has been provisioned on the RStudio Workbench server, should now be able to login.