Tutorial - Using Python with RStudio and reticulate#
Using Python with RStudio and reticulate#
This tutorial walks through the steps to enable data scientists to use RStudio and the reticulate package to call their Python code from Shiny apps, R Markdown notebooks, and Plumber REST APIs. The steps in the tutorial include installing Python, configuring a Python environment with packages and reticulate, and publishing a Shiny app that calls Python code to RStudio Connect.
RStudio Connect makes it easy for data scientists using Python to publish their Jupyter Notebooks and call Python code from R content, including Shiny apps, R Markdown Reports, and Plumber APIs.
- Install a base version of Python with
- Create a Python environment in your project
- Activate your Python environment
- Install Python packages in your environment
- Install and configure reticulate to use Python
- Develop and publish your project to RStudio Connect